Top 10 videos of the week: February 3
We get a lot of footage each week here at The Weather Network, so we decided to share our favourites with you. Here are the weather videos that had people talking in Canada and around the world this week.
- #10 -- Smithers, BC: Some people will look at all this snow in Smithers, BC and likely drool. Look how much is piled up on that camper.
- #9 -- Quebec City, QC: After opening day at Carnival was cancelled due to stormy conditions, they more than made up for it the following day. Lots of fun at one of the largest and longest running winter festivals.
- #8 -- Fergus, ON: It was not fun driving on Highway 6 in midwestern Ontario over the weekend. Snowsqualls hammered many areas in Grey and Bruce counties.
- #7 --Port Colborne, ON: If you went further south, snow wasn'the issue, strong winds were. Gusts were clocked in some areas near 100 km/h sending these waves crashing over the lighthouse.
- #6 -- Near Haleiwa, Hawaii: Strong winds churned up 10 metre waves on the north shore of Ohau. It cancelled a day of competition at a surfing championship.
- #5 -- Shandong, China: We head back to winter where a spectacular scene is bringing tourists in droves to eastern China. Trees and mountains have been covered by a thick layer of frost.
- #4 -- Moscow, Russia: Speaking of frost, temperatures have been frosty across a large area of Europe recently. In the Russian capital, overnight lows reached into the -40s.
- #3 -- Cordoba, Argentina: Summer in Argentina and it's been hot lately. Strong thunderstorms erupted with winds up to 180 km/h. Large hail also ripped down trees and damaged homes.
- #2 -- Newfoundland: A big thank you to so many of our viewers in eastern Newfoundland who took the time to upload video of their stormy week.
- #1 -- Japan: But the snow winner this week was Japan. In some places, over 4 metre snow banks tower above pedestrians. Those trying to get around by road, rail and plane found it more than a bit difficult.
Those are videos ten through one for this week. Don't forget to tune in to The Weather Network on TV every Friday morning for our weekly roundup of the top weather videos of the week.
The Weather Network's 'Top 10 Weather Videos' segment is created by B.J. Stewart.