September 26, 2010 — Superstar producer and editor at The Weather Network, Paula, recently took a relaxing vacation to Oahu, Hawaii. Here's some travel tips she recommends if you ever take a trip to the Aloha State.
8) Snorkle, sail, surf---whatever it takes to get you out on that water...do something you haven't done before!
7) KONA COFFEE!!! Do NOT waste your time at Fivebucks...local small chain & even small grocers all sell Kona, and the flavour....mmmmmmmm
6) Don't waste your time at the beach...explore - there are lots of cheap, moderate and expensive excursions you can go on.
5) I know everyone knows this - trust me, I work at The Weather Network & we say it all the time. SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN! YOU will still leave with a tan - trust me...I've been there.
4) You have GOT to see those turtles! They are so amazing!
3) SEAFOOD! Even if you don't like it...Hawaii is not known for having really great restaurants - so TRY the seafood...it is unbelievable!
2) Try the poi! Don't know what that is?.....just wait. TRY it.
1) don't bring a sweater - you will not need it, not at night, not during the day. ONLY bring one if you plan on going to high elevations. Even then - you probably only need a long sleeve shirt. And it just takes up way too much space in your luggage! You will have room for the extra pair of shoes! :)