Top 10 videos: December 10
We get a lot of footage each week here at The Weather Network, so we decided to share our favourites with you. Here are the weather videos that had people talking in Canada and around the world this week.
- #10 -- Paris, France. One of the city's heaviest snowfalls in decades shuts down a major travel hub.
- #9 -- Moncton, N.B. Fierce winds knock down power lines as a weather bomb hits the Maritimes.
- #8 -- Bouctouche, N.B. North of Moncton, the powerful winds send the sea crashing over the shore in this coastal town.
- #7 -- Sept-Iles, Que. It was a similar scene in the Gulf of St. Lawrence, where dangerous storm surge hit Quebec.
- #6 -- Montreal, Que. A tricky-to-forecast storm brought Montreal more snow than some meteorologists had predicted.
- #5 -- Randolph, N.Y. Just like southern and central Ontario, certain parts of New York state are prone to snow squalls off the Great Lakes. This town is one of those places.
- #4 -- Alliston, Ont. Areas near Barrie were buried under piles of lake-effect snow as streamers came off Georgian Bay for several days.
- #3 -- Beeton, Ont. Not far from Alliston, more than 100 cm of snow fell in Beeton during the relentless snow squalls.
- #2 -- London, Ont. Snow day! Neighbours helped each other carve paths in the snow as London was paralyzed by the weather.
- #1 -- Lucan, Ont. Nearly two metres of snow towered on the ground just outside London in the heart of southwestern Ontario.
Those are videos ten through one for this week. Don't forget to tune in to The Weather Network on TV every Friday morning for our weekly roundup of the top weather videos of the week.
This week's videos were voiced by Kim MacDonald and Chris Murphy.
The Weather Network's 'Top 10 Weather Videos' segment is created by BJ Stewart.