Top 10 videos: December 17
We get a lot of footage each week here at The Weather Network, so we decided to share our favourites with you. Here are the weather videos that had people talking in Canada and around the world this week.
- #10 -- Dusk in Iqaluit, Nunavut. Some of the warmest weather in the country has been felt in Iqaluit this week and dusk sets in early at 2:30 p.m.
- #9 -- Skiers head to the slopes in North Vancouver, B.C. Winter has settled into North Vancouver and skiers and boarders at Mount Seymour couldn't be happier. More snow set to arrive as it's a La Niña year.
- #8 -- Digging out in Brandon, Manitoba. This viewer video sent to us from Rae in Brandon shows the fun side of the snow, even though there was over 20 cm to dig out.
- #7 -- Ice covered homes in Kansas City, Missouri. A broken water main combined with frigid temperatures in Kansas City caused ice to cover an entire home and the car parked in its driveway. The homeowner had to actually use a blowtorch to melt the ice.
- #6 -- Lighthouse freezes near Whiskey Island, Ohio. Water sprayed from Lake Erie by an Arctic blast turned a lighthouse into a huge ice sculpture.
- #5 -- Stormy conditions in Woodstock, New Brunswick. Heavy rain and strong winds were the story in the Maritimes this week. Thanks to Danny, who captured a video of a road completely washed out. Some people were calling the storm “a mini hurricane.”.
- #4 --Military rescue in Wyoming, Ontario.This was a story that grabbed headlines around the world. Heavy snow closed down Highway 402 forcing the assistance of the military in a rescue effort.
- #3 -- Blinding whiteouts near Strathroy, Ontario. Piles of snow and large drifts forced hundreds of drivers to abandon their cars on Highway 402.
- #2 -- Farmers lend a hand in the rescue effort near Strathroy. It wasn't just the military that helped on Highway 402, several farmers brought food and coffee to keep any stranded drivers warm.
- #1 -- Memorable snowstorm near Strathroy. Camera Operator Mark Rozitis was in the thick of the storm and captured this amazing video. Rozitis says this was the worst storm he's dealt with in 15 years.
Those are videos ten through one for this week. Don't forget to tune in to The Weather Network on TV every Friday morning for our weekly roundup of the top weather videos of the week.
This week's videos were voiced by Kim MacDonald and Chris Murphy.
The Weather Network's 'Top 10 Weather Videos' segment is created by BJ Stewart.