Top 10 videos of the week: April 8
We get a lot of footage each week here at The Weather Network, so we decided to share our favourites with you. Here are the weather videos that had people talking in Canada and around the world this week.
- #10 -- Calgary, Alta. We get a lot of footage each week here at The Weather Network, so we decided to share our favourites with you. Here are the weather videos that had people talking in Canada and around the world this week.
- #9 -- North Vancouver, BC. Where was all this snow last year for the Olympics? Foggy conditions didnít deter these skiers and snowboarders at Mount Seymour.
- #8 -- Stratford, Ont. Send out the swans! Itís the annual parade to bring the swans back to the Avon River.
- #7 -- Norval, Ont. It was a pleasant start to the weekend in Southern Ontario. Lots of people were out on the water soaking up the sun, but...
- #6 -- Kitchener, Ont. That nice weather turned ugly the following day. Heavy snow blanketed much of the area.
- #5 -- Brandon, MB 100 times the size of a regular sandbag, thatís how big these super ones are that are lining roads in Brandon, Manitoba.
- #4 -- Hamilton, Ont. The weekend changed from sun to snow then switched back to rain and early morning thunderstorms.
- #3 -- Rome, Ga. Ferocious lightning illuminated the skies over Georgia. Two people were killed after a night of pounding rain and high winds. Hundreds of thousands of people were also without power.
- #2 -- Khao Phanom, Thailand Thailandís Khao Phanom district was seriously hit by a mudslide. Lots of trees were uprooted by the 200-metre high slide and rushing mud and rolling rocks filled the district. The local government dispatched troops along with 10 rescue dogs in an effort to search for missing villagers and help evacuees.
- #1 -- Japan Dog discovered floating on house, dog rescued, dog reunited!
Those are videos ten through one for this week. Don't forget to tune in to The Weather Network on TV every Friday morning for our weekly roundup of the top weather videos of the week.
The Weather Network's 'Top 10 Weather Videos' segment is created by B.J. Stewart.