Top 10 videos of the week: April 15
We get a lot of footage each week here at The Weather Network, so we decided to share our favourites with you. Here are the weather videos that had people talking in Canada and around the world this week.
- #10 -- Bangkok, Thailand. Thatís how many people took part in this 10 minute water pistol shoot out. Itís now a world record. Itís part of Thailandís New Year Water Festival.
- #9 -- Lethbridge, Alta. April showers bring May flowers, April flakes in Alberta bringsÖ? Well, spring snow in Alberta isnít an unknown phenomenon, but it might be an unwelcome one.
- #8 -- Mitchell, Ont. It looked like snow was falling in Ontario late last weekend, but it was hail! Viewer video shows the scene in Mitchell, Ont.
- #7 -- Ottawa, Ont. Mondayís are never an easy morningÖbut waking up to thunderstorms well before the alarm clock is set to go off canít be much fun either.
- #6 -- Mapleton, Iowa. Check out this huge wedge tornado that devastated the state of Iowa over the weekend.
- #5 -- Merrill, Wis. The tornado that caused this incredible damage in Wisconsin had wind gusts of up to 265 km/h. At least 25 homes were completely destroyed in the twister.
- #4 -- Alvarado, Texas. Not just tornadoes can flatten trees and flip over homes. Straight-line winds roared across parts of Texas leaving this trail of destruction.
- #3 -- Souris, Man. People helping pack sandbags took a break from their work to watch large chunks of ice demolish everything in their way. Interesting to watch those trees pop back up later too.
- #2 --Sunny Corner, NB. Now hereís how to embrace summer and winter all at the same time. This week, we loved how this man used his canoe as a toboggan to launch himself into the nearby body of water.
- #1 -- Bursa, Turkey. A man from south-western Turkey is lucky to be alive after a powerful gust of wind rolled a shack over him this week. The man was walking past the shack when strong winds of up to 50 kph lifted the structure from the ground and sent it flying towards him. He was taken to hospital but is expected to make a full recovery.
Those are videos ten through one for this week. Don't forget to tune in to The Weather Network on TV every Friday morning for our weekly roundup of the top weather videos of the week.
The Weather Network's 'Top 10 Weather Videos' segment is created by B.J. Stewart.