Top 10 videos of the week: February 11
We get a lot of footage each week here at The Weather Network, so we decided to share our favourites with you. Here are the weather videos that had people talking in Canada and around the world this week.
- #10 -- Vienna, Austria This baby panda made his debut at the Vienna Zoo this week. Heís 5 and a half months old and his name means Lucky Tiger in Mandarin.
- #9 -- Beijing, China About one hundred people took part in a two-day ice climbing competition. On one waterfall over 100 meters wide and melting swiftly, climbers competed to make it to the top in the fastest time.
- #8 -- Sapporo, Japan Preparations for this winter festival began a month ago, and required trucks to bring in over 6,000 loads of snow to create the 252 sculptures on display.
- #7 -- Barrie, Ont. Winterfest in Barrie, Ontario had the usual attractions: food, fun and flopping into icy water for the polar plunge!
- #6 -- Swift Current, Sask. Oh my ... That sun may look inviting, but itís been frigid across many areas of the country. This viewer video captures the icy-looking winds.
- #5 -- Halifax, NS Thereís something about snow, an ATV pushing that snow, and the dogs chasing that ATV that makes this viewer video one of our favourites this week.
- #4 -- Moncton, NB As we look at the mountains of snow and the people trying to clear it in Moncton, we hope our friendly camera person put down his equipment occasionally to help out his fellow neighbours.
- #3 -- Chatsworth, Ont. Clearly, the lake effect snow machine is still operational. It was hard to tell the difference between the falling snow and the drifting snow. Many people in Ontarioís snowbelt areas found themselves in the ditch.
- #2 -- Glace Bay, NS Blowing sea effect snow made for a very wintery day Wednesday as seen in this viewer video.
- #1 -- Calgary, Alta. Hereís something you donít normally see: a truck pushing a city transit bus. The hill was so icy, buses couldnít get up the hill. Thank you Nelson for this number-one video of the week!
Those are videos ten through one for this week. Don't forget to tune in to The Weather Network on TV every Friday morning for our weekly roundup of the top weather videos of the week.
This week's videos were voiced by weather presenters Kim MacDonald and Chris Murphy.
The Weather Network's 'Top 10 Weather Videos' segment is created by BJ Stewart.