Top 10 videos of the week: February 18
We get a lot of footage each week here at The Weather Network, so we decided to share our favourites with you. Here are the weather videos that had people talking in Canada and around the world this week.
- #10 -- New Taipei City, Taiwan. More than 2000 lanterns lit up the evening sky in Taiwan recently as people gathered to celebrate Lantern festival. People from around the world come to the city to write their prayers on the paper lanterns, and deliver their wishes to the heavens.
- #9 -- London, England. This is “Tiny”, a baby Gorilla taking his first steps at the London Zoo. Western Lowland Gorillas are critically endangered so it’s nice to see this little guy thriving.
- #8 -- Parry Sound, Ont. There are backyard rinks…and then there are backyard rinks. Check out this one in Parry Sound, Ontario thatresembles a medieval castle! Nice work! Wonder how long that took to construct?
- #7 -- Grimsby, Ont. Too tired to take your dog for a walk but he really needs the exercise? Well…make a whole bunch of snowballs and have him run around catching them. Nice video from one of our viewers.
- #6 -- Arnprior, Ont. Hello Bella! We just loved this adorable puppy rolling around in the snow. Apparently, it’s her first winter and she really seemed to get into it.
- #5 -- North Vancouver, BC. Last year, Olympic organizers couldn’t buy a snowflake. This year, there's more than enough. Lots of snowboarders headed out on the slopes taking advantage of the powdery conditions.
- #4 -- Gangwon, South Korea. A rare blizzard in South Korea dropped about a metre of snow. It’s going to take close to 2 weeks to clear it all away. Damages from the storm reached into the millions of dollars.
- #3 -- Near London, Ont. People in Southern Ontario were also dealing with blizzard-like conditions last weekend. Visibility was low, and people had a tough time staying on the roads.
- #2 -- Summerside, PEI. The Maritimes know snow. There’s so much of it all over the place that it’s getting really difficult to get around, as this viewer video from Summerside, PEI shows.
- And finally, #1 -- Fogo, NL. And the snow didn’t stop there. Check out this viewer video from Fogo, NL. It just puts a chill up our spine! Thank you to Ms. Best for sending in this video. It’s the “BEST” of the week!
Those are videos ten through one for this week. Don't forget to tune in to The Weather Network on TV every Friday morning for our weekly roundup of the top weather videos of the week.
The Weather Network's 'Top 10 Weather Videos' segment is created by BJ Stewart.