Top 10 videos of the week: January 6
We get a lot of footage each week here at The Weather Network, so we decided to share our favourites with you. Here are the weather videos that had people talking in Canada and around the world this week.
- #10 -- Moncton, NB: We’re not sure if these golfers can’t wait for spring or if they’re just making the best of a close to snow-free winter in Moncton, New Brunswick.
- #9 -- Dorion, ON: Dorion, Ontario may be the home of a new a new winter sport – combining the fun of tobogganing with kayaking. Looks like good form and fun to us.
- #8 -- Beijing, China: Organizers of an Ice and Snow Carnival invited these penguins to Beijing, China recently. They proved pretty popular as they hopped around on the snow and ice.
- #7 -- Toronto, ON: Speaking of being on the ice, the Toronto Maple Leafs held an outdoor practice in the city this week. Hundreds of fans came out to pose with their favourite players.
- #6 -- Harbin, China: Instead of skating on the ice, these people are hacking it up and plunging into the icy waters. It was -25 when they jumped in.
- #5 -- Cambridge, ON: And then there’s the not-so-fun side of winter. Snow squalls picked up early this week and made it tough getting around on the roads in Cambridge, Ontario.
- #4 -- London, ON: And it was a similar scene the following day in nearby London, Ontario. At least 42 cm of snow fell in and around the city over a two day period.
- #3 -- Adelaide, Australia: Who needs a warm up after all that cold looking video? Summer in southern Australia has people heading to the beaches in droves. Temperatures have been as high as 40 degrees and that has been triggering forest fires too.
- #2 -- Bio Bio, Chile: Wildfires have also been a huge problem in Chile. At least 45 have been burning this week alone. Over 150 homes have been destroyed.
- #1 -- Southern England: We take you to southern England where storms have brought heavy rain and strong winds bringing down trees on homes and vehicles.
Those are videos ten through one for this week. Don't forget to tune in to The Weather Network on TV every Friday morning for our weekly roundup of the top weather videos of the week.
The Weather Network's 'Top 10 Weather Videos' segment is created by B.J. Stewart.