Top 10 videos of the week: January 20
We get a lot of footage each week here at The Weather Network, so we decided to share our favourites with you. Here are the weather videos that had people talking in Canada and around the world this week.
- #10 -- Cranbrook, BC: Thank you Andrea for sending in your video of Jeannie the horse whoopin’ it up in the snow in Cranbrook, BC. Kate the dog seemed to like it too.
- #9 -- Mission, BC: No horseplay was evident in Mission, BC where over 40 cm of snow fell earlier this week. Nice job by James in capturing the scene for us.
- #8 -- Regina, SK: Now this video just looks cold. Arctic air pushed itself firmly into the BC and the Prairies this week, just as Steven‘s video shows.
- #7 -- Edmonton, AB: Wow it was cold in Edmonton this week. Cars had to be plugged in, people were dressed in multiple layers, but not too many looked very impressed by the cold.
- #6 -- Richmond, BC: But before all that really cold weather settled in, a rare sight hovered in the sky at the beginning of last weekend. This is Rob’s video of a cold core funnel cloud.
- #5 -- Orleans, ON: Many people in the east rejoiced at cold temperatures and snow. Check out Yasmin’s sled with 5 riders head down the hill for the first time this winter.
- #4 -- Montreal, QC: But all that cold and snow comes with a price. Strong winds tore through Montreal causing power outages and ripping down trees.
- #3 -- Quebec City, QC: And winds whipped around the snow falling in Quebec City. Highways were tough to navigate for those who ventured out.
- #2 -- Seattle, Washington: But not as tough to navigate as those trying to get around Seattle this week. Snow fell on top of freezing rain causing cars to skate around on the roads.
- #1 -- Calgary, AB: How cold was it in Calgary? Well, cold enough for Natalie to turn hot water into snow. Paul must have seen it and tried his hand at it as well.
Those are videos ten through one for this week. Don't forget to tune in to The Weather Network on TV every Friday morning for our weekly roundup of the top weather videos of the week.
The Weather Network's 'Top 10 Weather Videos' segment is created by B.J. Stewart.