Top 10 videos of the week: January 28
We get a lot of footage each week here at The Weather Network, so we decided to share our favourites with you. Here are the weather videos that had people talking in Canada and around the world this week.
- #10 --Wetaskiwin, Alta. Why build a snowman when you can build a snow dragon complete with food colouring just to make it pop.
- #9 -- Toronto, Ont. It doesnít happen often in Toronto, but a wind chill warning was issued this past weekend. It was so cold 'steam devils' formed over Lake Ontario.
- #8 -- Largo, MD The cold wasnít barricaded on this side of the border, it was so cold in Largo, Maryland this water main burst and caused traffic chaos Monday morning.
- #7 -- New York, NY This car didnít fare so well in the cold. Itís literally covered in ice.
- #6 -- New York, NY And it didnít stop there, heavy snow fell causing schools and airports to close, not to mention snarling traffic and making pedestrians step lightly.
- #5 -- Washington, DC The rush-hour storm on Wednesday even slowed President Barack Obama's motorcade as it traveled from suburban Maryland to the White House. The motorcade was stuck in traffic for roughly an hour.
- #4 -- Sydney, NS Itís the part of the job we love at TWN. When we get to sing 'Snow Day!' The storm affecting the northeastern US barreled into the Maritimes as many noríeasters have done this year.
- #3 -- Moncton, NB The noríeaster brought snow to Moncton and might have been a contributing factor in this big rig meeting the ditch.
- #2 -- Lima, Peru Tomas the Penguin was a hit with people in Lima, Peru after he lost his way from the family island home. Police and rescue workers took care of him and sent him back home.
- #1 -- Thank You! It was cold enough this week to make your own clouds and several of you did this week. Thanks to everyone for sending in their videos from across the country.
Those are videos ten through one for this week. Don't forget to tune in to The Weather Network on TV every Friday morning for our weekly roundup of the top weather videos of the week.
This week's videos were voiced by weather presenters Kim MacDonald and Chris Murphy.
The Weather Network's 'Top 10 Weather Videos' segment is created by BJ Stewart.