Top 10 videos of the week: May 6
We get a lot of footage each week here at The Weather Network, so we decided to share our favourites with you. Here are the weather videos that had people talking in Canada and around the world this week.
- #10 -- Kunming, China. The 3-Day Kunming Carnival in China kicked off as the unofficial start to spring. One of the highlights is a Water Sprinkling Festival where enthusiastic young men jump into a pool and splash water on each other as a symbol of best wishes for all.
- #9 -- Toronto, ON. After days of rain, the sun came out and these hardy people gathered to plant trees. It was so muddy some resorted to walking around barefoot instead of losing their shoes and boots.
- #8 -- Canmore, AB.It looked like Amanda in Canmore, Alberta should have been out decorating her trees instead of planting new ones. Look at all the snow!
- #7 -- Langenburg, SK. Lorin looked out the window in Langenburg, Saskatchewan and found a scene that looked right out of late January. Lots of snow…and strong winds blowing it around.
- #6 -- Rorketon, MB. It appears Grace’s family in Rorketon, Manitoba was satisfied with just looking at the snow, they decided to get out into it.
- #5 -- Czestochowa, Poland. Just because the calendar says May, it doesn’t automatically mean you should switch from winter to summer tires as these people in Poland found out. At least 400 collisions had been reported.
- #4 -- Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC. The Quebec government called in the Army to help victims of the recent flooding of the Richelieu River.
- #3 -- Wyatt, MO. Almost 53000 hectares of farmland are being flooded to save the town of Wyatt, Missouri from the rising Mississippi and the Ohio rivers.
- #2 -- Honolulu, Hawaii. Days of rain and thunderstorms created the perfect conditions for this impressive waterspout in Honolulu, Hawaii. It was located near the airport, but didn’t cause any damage as it stayed over water.
- And finally, #1 -- Auckland, New Zealand. Tornadoes of this size and strength are rare in New Zealand. The path of destruction stretched for about 5 kilometres and took out a large shopping mall and damaged surrounding neighbourhoods.
Those are videos ten through one for this week. Don't forget to tune in to The Weather Network on TV every Friday morning for our weekly roundup of the top weather videos of the week.
The Weather Network's 'Top 10 Weather Videos' segment is created by B.J. Stewart.