Top 10 videos of the week: March 25
We get a lot of footage each week here at The Weather Network, so we decided to share our favourites with you. Here are the weather videos that had people talking in Canada and around the world this week.
- #10 -- Mickey the pig in Calgary, Alberta. Oh Mickey you’re so fine…your pink leopard print coat blows my mind! Mickey the Vietnamese pot-bellied big doesn’t really like the cold… but he came out for a quick stroll anyway.
- #9 -- Polar bears in Nuremberg, Germany. Polar bear twins Gregor and Aleut enjoyed the first rays of spring sunshine on Wednesday (March 23) on their first public outing at the Nuremberg zoo.
- #8 -- Elephants in Bangkok, Thailand. Check out these elephants shaking their pachyderm booty in a parade organized to raise money for the Japanese Earthquake relief fun.
- #7 -- Winter continues in Weyburn, Saskatchewan. Norma did the right thing by staying off the roads in Weyburn, Sask. Blowing snow made driving very dangerous in much of the southern Prairies early this week.
- #6 -- Snowy weather in North Bay, Ontario. Snow from the Prairies swept into North Bay on the first day of spring. Most people weren’t exactly excited by Mother Nature’s seasonal switch-a-roo.
- #5 -- The dog days of winter in Burlington, Ontario. People may not like the snow in spring, but Brooklyn, the American Bulldog couldn’t seem to get enough of playing in it.
- #4 -- Enjoying the snow in Welland, Ontario. Charley just love it when her owner shovels the snow.
- #3 -- Slick conditions in Waterloo, Ontario. It was not fun getting around mid-week in Southern Ontario. Lots of slips/falls and traffic accidents were the norm on the morning and evening commute.
- #2 -- Intense rain falls on Sydney, Australia. The weather woes of Australia continue as another 200 mm fell in only 24 hours creating chaos on both the roads and in the air as planes had a hard time landing.
- And finally, #1 -- A “miracle rescue“ in Ishinomaki, Japan. Last week, it was the devastation that took the top spots, this week, a story of hope. A grandmother and grandson were rescued from their demolished home…9 DAYS after the quake and tsunami.
Those are videos ten through one for this week. Don't forget to tune in to The Weather Network on TV every Friday morning for our weekly roundup of the top weather videos of the week.
The Weather Network's 'Top 10 Weather Videos' segment is created by B.J. Stewart.