Top 10 videos of the week: May 27
We get a lot of footage each week here at The Weather Network, so we decided to share our favourites with you. Here are the weather videos that had people talking in Canada and around the world this week.
- #10 -- Wasaga Beach, Ont. The Victoria Day long weekend got off to a great start in parts of southern Ontario. Hundreds of sunbathers flocked to Wasaga Beach to soak up some rays.
- #9 -- Medicine Hat, Alta. Hot enough for you? This German Shepherd figured out an interesting way to cool himself down and have fun at the same time.
- #8 -- Waterloo, Ont. The Victoria Day weekend ended on a very soggy note in parts of southern Ontario. Streets were flooded in Waterloo.
- #7 -- Dallas, Texas. It's been a very stormy week across the Midwestern United States. Large hail stones pummeled the ground in Dallas.
- #6 --Ada, Okla. The Weather Network's very own Storm Hunters caught a glimpse of what they were looking for. They were just kilometres away as a tornado crossed the road in front of them.
- #5 -- Los Angeles, California It's fast, it's wild, and a little weird. The streets of Los Angeles were turned into a race track for the 10th U.S. Redbull Soap Box Derby. Some 40 vehicles were judged not only on their speed, but their creativity and showmanship, as they raced their way, downtown.
- #4 -- Chambly Que.Heavy rain and rising rivers are a big problem in southern Quebec. This viewer video shows how dangerous it is this time of year.
- #3 --Iceland. A volcano sent ash spewing up to 20 km in the air this week creating travel headaches for some air travellers in parts of the region.
- #2 -- Oklahoma City, Okla. A tractor trailer gets slammed by a tornado in Oklahoma. The tornado destroyed his tractor trailer but fortunately, the driver got away with only minor injuries.
- And finally, #1 -- Joplin, Mo. It's being called the most deadly tornado in the US since the early 1950s. It took a direct hit on Joplin, Missouri on Sunday.
Those are videos ten through one for this week. Don't forget to tune in to The Weather Network on TV every Friday morning for our weekly roundup of the top weather videos of the week.
The Weather Network's 'Top 10 Weather Videos' segment is created by B.J. Stewart.