Top 10 videos of the week: November 26
We get a lot of footage each week here at The Weather Network, so we decided to share our favourites with you. Here are the weather videos that had people talking in Canada and around the world this week.
- #10 -- Paris, France, Christmas lights. Parisians and tourists gathered as over one million lightbulbs gracing some 415 trees went on, adding some sparkle to the start of the festive season in France.
- #9 -- Owen Sound, Ont. Paris might be out of your budget, but you can always check out the Festival of Northern Lights in Owen Sound, Ont. There are 350 lighted displays and more than 18 kilometres of light strings along the banks of the Sydenham River in downtown Owen Sound and Harrison Park.
- #8 -- Toronto, Ont. The lack of snow didn't get this crowd down in Toronto on Sunday. The 106th Santa Claus Parade had everything anyone could have wanted...costumes, kids and the Big Guy himself.
- #7 -- Kentville, NS. Wondering where the snow is? Well this viewer in Kentville, NS captured a parking lot full of it.
- #6 -- Near Wernigerode, Germany. Heavy snow led to traffic chaos in central Germany earlier this week with dozens of trucks being stuck on the roads. Within twelve hours some 20 centimetres of snow fell in the central Harz region.
- #5 -- Kenora, Ont. How cute is this video? Posing for one of our viewers in Kenora.
- #4 -- Weyburn, Sask. There's a lot of snow in Carol's back yard.
- #3 -- Calgary, Alta. Not only has it been snowy in the Prairies...but it was extremely cold. Chilly enough for this industrious viewer to make a backyard skating rink! The kids are loving it!
- #2 -- Victoria, BC. Here's where you don't expect to see snow! And it was blowing around in Victoria this week
- #1 -- Fort Albany, Ont. Thank you to Michael for this incredible snow storm footage from the tip of James Bay.
Those are videos ten through one for this week. Don't forget to tune into The Weather Network on TV every Friday morning for our weekly roundup of the top weather videos of the week.
The Weather Network's 'Top 10 Weather Videos' segment is created by BJ Stewart.