Top 10 videos of the week: October 22
We get a lot of footage each week here at The Weather Network, so we decided to share our favourites with you. Here are the weather videos that had people talking in Canada and around the world this week.
- #10 -- Furry friends in Orono, Ontario. Yes, for no other reason than the awwwww factor. Donate $100 to the Endangered Species Fund of Canada and you can get up close and personal with lion cubs and lemurs.
- #9 -- Windy weather in Barrie, Ontario. It's been quite windy in southern Ontario lately, and windsurfers took to Kempenfelt Bay to enjoy the ride.
- #8 -- Ski and snowmobile snow in Toronto, Ontario. Straw filled in for snow for the International show for races and freestyle acts.
- #7 -- Spooky fog in Vancouver, BC. It appears that Hallowe'en came early to the coast this year.
- #6 -- Flurries in Red Lake, Ontario. Yes, it's that time of year, folks. White flakes were falling in this viewer's yard earlier this week.
- #5 -- First snow in Brocken, Germany. Temperatures reached the freezing point in the eastern part of the country this week, leading to the first blast of winter.
- #4 -- Flooding rain in Amami Oshima, Japan. Nearly 900 mm of rain fell in in 24 hours, a record amount and 1/3 of what the region would normally see in an entire year.
- #3 -- Thunderstorms in North Bay, Ontario. It's not unheard of, but these kinds of storms are certainly unusual this late in the season. Powerful winds caused damage to the city's Canadore and Nippissing Campus.
- #2 -- Typhoon Megi slams into the Philippines. Hundreds of homes were destroyed after Megi hit land as a category 5 super typhoon with winds in excess of 250 km/h.
- And finally, #1 -- Ship sinks off the coast of Taiwan. At least 18 crew members had to be rescued by the coast guard on Tuesday after a ship sank in typhoon-force winds.
Those are videos ten through one for this week. Don't forget to tune into The Weather Network on TV every Friday morning for our weekly roundup of the top weather videos of the week.
The Weather Network's 'Top 10 Weather Videos' segment is created by BJ Stewart.