Top 10 videos of the week
We get a lot of footage each week here at The Weather Network, so we decided to share our favourites with you. Here are the weather videos that had people talking in Canada and around the world this week.
- #10 --Locusts swarm Bourke, Australia. After years of drought and a winter with better than expected rain, breeding grounds were ideal for locusts to lay their eggs. As a result, New South Wales could be dealing with its worst plague in decades.
- #9 -- Monkeys in New Delhi, India. With the Commonwealth Games set to begin, monkeys have been deployed to the venues to help ward off other monkeys that can be a public nuisance. Interesting ...
- #8 -- Runners take to the streets in Toronto, Ontario. It was all part of the annual Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon, which raises money for various charities. Kenneth Mungara of Kenya was the first to cross the finish line.
- #7 -- Sunshine in North Vancouver, British Columbia. After a month filled with grey skies and near-record rainfall, the sun was finally shining along the coast. To celebrate, people took to the cities beaches and waterfronts.
- #6 -- Jumping Salmon in Toronto, Ontario. Flying fish in the Humber River put on quite the show for onlookers this week. It's all part of their annual Fall migration.
- #5 -- Mudslides and flooding in Caracas, Venezuela. Tropical Storm Matthew brought heavy rain to the coastal regions of the country, sending mud rushing down a road, trapping vehicles and filling houses with dirty water. Seven people lost their lives.
- #4 -- Landslide in Oaxaca, Mexico. A landslide in a remote mountain town in the southwestern region of the country sent authorities scrambling to deploy rescue workers on Tuesday. They spent hours searching for anyone who may have become trapped.
- #3 -- Hot weather in Los Angeles, California. The city set an all-time record high of 45�C on Monday, breaking a previous record set in 1990. Many people used umbrellas for shade or cooled off at the nearest beach.
- #2 -- Flood waters in Stoney Creek, Ontario. A low pressure system brought heavy rain the to province this week, and in some cases, it was too much for drainage systems to handle.
- #1 -- Flooded underpass in Hamilton, Ontario. The same system also soaked the city of Hamilton on Tuesday, and one driver may have misjudged how deep the water was. She was able to call for help and rescuers broke the rear window of her car to get her out.
That's videos 10 through 1 for this week. Don't forget to tune into The Weather Network on TV every Friday morning for our weekly roundup of the top weather videos of the week.
The Weather Network's 'Top 10 Weather Videos' segment is created by BJ Stewart.