Heavy snow on the ground in Tusket, Nova Scotia
It's a very familiar scene in Atlantic Canada and the Maritimes. Another snowstorm is barreling its way through the region and it's bringing heavy amounts of snow.
The storm should be at its worst through the afternoon hours and into the evening for New Brunswick. In Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, the system is expected to be at its worst through the morning hours. For people living in Newfoundland the storm will be moving into the province for the overnight hours.
Many schools have closed their doors for the day in parts of the Maritimes. Below is a list of the latest cancellations by province.
- The Centre for Arts & Technology on Barrington Street in Halifax, closing at noon because of poor weather conditons
- Greenwood Flight Center, classes are cancelled for the day
- All schools in the Halifax Regional School Board
- Tri-County Regional School Board
- South Shore Regional School Board
- The Annapolis Valley Regional School Board
- The Chignecto-Central Regional School Board
- Our Lady of Schools closed for the day
- Halifax Christian Academy
- CSAP schools in Halifax, Bridgewater and Cookville
- Eastern College, Halifax and Dartmouth campuses
- Sandy Lake Academy
- NSCC campuses in Yarmouth, Shelburne, Bridgewater, Lawrencetown, Digby and Springhill
- The Maritime Muslim Academy School and daycare
- Spell-Read classes at the Halifax Learning Center
- Bridgeway Academy schools are closed for the day
- The Canada Games oval will be closed until noon. A decision about opening for afternoon and evening programs will be made by 11 a.m.
- The Maritime Conservatory Of Performing Arts is closed for the day
- Halifax Independent School
- Tiny Treasure Nursery School is closed
- Bedford Academy
- Birchhills Academy
- Shambala School
- Saint Mary's closing at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.
- Dalhousie University and King's closing early Feb 2 at 12:30 p.m.
- Saint Mary's University to close early to close at 11:30 a.m.
- Mount Saint Vincent University to close early Feb 2, at 12:30 p.m.
- School districts 6, 8, 1, and 10
- Chignecto Regional School Board
- Schools in the Harvey and McAdam area are closed
- Devon Park Christian school in Fredericton closing today at noon